LGNA Information

When and where are LGNA meetings held?
LGNA events are held in odd calendar months (January, March, May, etc.) Locations and dates vary. Stay tuned to this site for news on upcoming meetings.

Where do I subscribe to get the newsletter online?
You can sign up to receive our online newsletter or download on this website. Just search newsletters at the bottom of the page. Newsletters archives go back about 5 years.

If I submit news, how long will it take to be put on the website?
It will normally be reviewed and placed on the homepage within 48 hours. If it requires verification, this may take a little longer.

How Can I Submit News?
Submit news and information items by email or post it directly on our Facebook page.

Neighborhood Information

How can I get part of my block designated as NO PARKING?
By City of Dallas ordinance, “No Parking” signs are handled on a petition basis. In a residential area, a petition must be signed by 80% of affected citizens in the same block, on the same side of the street, with 51% being in favor of the change. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee and a fee of $25 per sign installed/removed. Two major considerations are sight distance and whether the street is wide enough with parking to allow emergency vehicle access. The petition can be downloaded or the Transportation Engineer can be contacted for further information at (214) 670-3260.

What are the requirements for construction site management?
The City of Dallas Building Inspection Department has been educating building contractors for some time. Silt fences are required for all new construction areas. Damage to public infrastructure (street, inlet, etc.) must be quickly repaired. Litter and waste must be contained. Rights-of-way may not be used for staging unless a barricade permit is approved by the Department of Public Works & Transportation. Site requirements include an information sign readable from the street which must contain the general contractor’s name, telephone number, address of the project and where violations should be reported. Further information may be obtained by calling the City of Dallas at 214-948-4480.

What are the bulk trash pickup dates?
The pickup for our neighborhood is the second full week of the month. Bulk trash can be put out between 7 a.m. the Thursday before the pickup week. More information about the Bulk Trash Pickup Calendar can be found on the City Of Dallas Sanitation Services website.

Where can I dispose of household hazardous waste?
Old paint, oil filters, used motor oil, yard chemicals, batteries … these definitely don’t belong in our landfill. Proper disposal of household hazardous waste may take a little extra effort but is very important. The City of Dallas has a Home Chemical Collection Center (HC3) located at 11234 Plano Rd (north of LBJ Freeway). Their hours of operation vary daily so you may want to contact them at (214) 553-1765 for more information.

Who is responsible for maintaining the alley behind my house?
The homeowner is responsible for maintaining the alley directly behind their house. The alley should remain free of litter and debris.

Who is responsible for fixing the sidewalk in front of my house?
The homeowner is responsible for maintaining the condition of the sidewalk in front of their house. Under rare circumstances, the City will share the cost of repairing the sidewalk, however, this shared cost may be more expensive than hiring an independent contractor yourself.

City of Dallas Information

Who is the City Council representative for our district?
The Lower Greenville neighborhood is within the boundaries of District 14. Paul Ridley is our current City Council representative. For contact information, FAQs, district maps and more, go to the Dallas City Council District 14 website.

What is the non-emergency services number?

Dial 311 for any non-emergency services including trash removal, downed trees blocking the street, code compliance, etc., or go to City of Dallas 311 System online.

Where can I  learn about traffic and parking management programs like Resident Only Parking or Road Humps?

There is a traffic management section on the City of Dallas website. Both RPO and road humps must be approved by the city with a petition of residents. In most cases, the cost is paid by residents. See details here.

Dallas Contact Information

Paul Ridley – City Council, District 14    214- 670-5415
Action Center    214-670-5111
Sanitation Department     214-747-2600
Code Enforcement    214-670-5708
Animal Control   214-670-7436
Heavy Trash    214-747-2600

City of Dallas Website